All Alright


part nine




The last time I looked at London wasn't from my familiar Gloucester hotel room but from the shuttle that took us to Hyde Park and back to the airport. I went to Heathrow and felt that there was nothing left inside my chest because it was all welled up behind my eyes and I couldn't let it out right there. I wanted London to be so much more than a one-night stand but I had to leave...and that was all right. Maybe not alright, because I was still burning out and I wouldn't sleep for 30 hours straight, but I knew in my head that it was all right. My chest would feel better when I no longer had to face that I was leaving, when I was just gone and had no choice. And indeed I felt much more at peace in the Heathrow airport terminal than the night before when we ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in London and I knew I was spending my last evening in the city for God knows how long.

Comments