Prompts - Characterization


Prompt: Create a character. Choose 5 people in their life to characterize them in only 50 words.


Tattoo Artist
            I refused to ink a dumbass “mom” heart on Nikki when she asked. I’d talked her out of bad tattoos before, something I do for customers who are also friends. And I like her style, loose and confident. We started bar-hopping on Friday nights, great fun for two twenty-somethings.

Therapist
            After 18 sessions I finally comprehend Nikki’s issues. She’s begun to answer questions about the incident (see session logs). I believe the best course of action is to locate her father. Nikki is nervous around males and refuses to consider dating. A positive male influence is vital to her progress.

Coffee Barista
            “Double chocolate chip frappuccino, extra chocolate!”
            I know who ordered that. Nikki Lamont. Gorgeous Nikki.
            I watch her everyday as she struts into the shop. She’s the most wonderful girl I’ve ever seen. Those deep green eyes, thick, shiny brown hair…
            Hell, I love her. I’m gonna ask her out.

Chauffeur
            I politely told Miss Lamont what I think of the horrid places I drive her to, but she ignores me and demands I drop her off a block away. Poor rearing, if you ask me. Good genes, but her mother pays no mind to Nikki’s childish behavior.
‘Tis a pity.

 Sister
            Nikki’s grown to be quite the bitch. Couldn’t be prouder, honestly. Mother doesn’t know day from night and my little sis has finally quit the goody-goody act. That therapist probably blames her behavior on me, but whatever. All I do is supply the fake IDs. Nikki’s finally tasting real life.

Comments